Our program carefully merges player education with daytime on and off-ice development. This focused approach not only allows student-athletes to maximize their days, it enables players to stay within their community and benefit from family support as they prepare for elite level environments and commitments.
We've been intentional with our structure. The JPHL's HUB system has been designed to ensure high standards, quality connections and exceptional outcomes. Each HUB is partnered with a reputable educational institution that prioritizes education and athletic development. We have awarded four HUB locations in British Columbia and five HUB locations in Alberta. Each HUB is strategically placed to optimize area assets, deliver value and facilitate timely advancement for our athletes and staff. We believe this balanced model will attract and concentrate the top end talent, making the experiences truly exceptional.
CALGARY ROCKIES - MOUNTAINVIEW PARK SCHOOL & LORD BEAVERBROOK HIGH SCHOOL
Mountain Park School:
- Our building is a beautiful modern school.
- Our Grade 6 students are transitioned into our school community.
- All students have specialist core teachers.
- The school is fully networked, both hardwired and wireless, and has computers in each classroom.
- We have a well equipped media center and two learning labs. Laptops are used to infuse technology into student's learning.
- We have an involved school council that encourages parent/guardian participation.
- Mountain Park has a student services team that helps students meet their diverse learning needs. Students provide input in a number of ways to continually improve our school .
- We have an outstanding complementary program that offers a variety of options to students from Grades 6-9.
- Our music program offers instruction in all grades.
- We have a comprehensive daily physical education program that honours student choice by employing a modular approach and a whole school, inclusive intramural program.
- Relationships and Wellness are key at MPS.
Lord Beaverbrook High School:
Lord Beaverbrook is one of the most vital schools and versatile school facilities within the CBE. The facilities both in the school and surrounding the school provide our students with unique learning opportunities and conveniences not found in all high schools. Our students continue to benefit from:
- A $25M modernization to CTS facilities
- Three fitness centers and weight rooms
- Position in the community of Acadia
- Central location in Calgary
- Positive school-community relations
- Walkable proximity to recreation facilities (Acadia Recreation Complex, Acadia Pool, Alberta Tennis Centre/National Tennis Development Program)
- Contracted-working relationships with recreation facilities
- Three full outdoor athletic fields (one of which is fully irrigated)
We look forward to welcoming your son or daughter to our school and to the many opportunities that are open to them.
CALGARY STALLIONS - NATIONAL SPORT SCHOOL
The National Sport School (NSS) at WinSport is designed for families of high-performance developmental and competitive athletes who wish to excel in both academics and athletics. We understand and accommodate the unique needs of student-athletes. Students learn and thrive outside the traditional school setting to achieve a high school diploma, pursue sport and plan for future post-secondary aspirations. The NSS is for families who want to ease the pressure inherent with traditional school offerings that cannot support or accommodate student-athlete needs including academics, training, and competitions.
HC EDMONTON - PROGRESSIVE ACADEMY
Progressive Academy is an Alberta accredited academic private school for students from ages 3 to grade 12. Progressive Academy is committed to providing JPHL athletes with an educational platform that enables the motivated student the opportunity to accelerate their learning.
Founded in 1984, the school's mission is to connect student learning with living, exploring academic interests and pursuing goals. Known for its wide range of subjects, including robotics, musical theatre, student internships, and innovative high school programming like Mountain Adventure School, Progressive Academy works at the pace of each student, providing the foundation for each individual's pursuit of knowledge and skills.
LANGLEY HOCKEY ACADEMY - LANGLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Langley Hockey Academy is partnering with the Langley School District to provide an educational program tailored to the student athlete. Each athlete will be in a classroom setting that will create a positive environment for educational success.
LETHBRIDGE UNITED - HOLY SPIRIT SCHOOL DIVISION
Lethbridge United is working alongside the Holy Spirit School Division to provide the student athlete with a specialized educational program within a traditional school setting. The program encompasses academics and athletics in a faith-based setting. Athletes are able to continue a life balance, focussing on their academic and athletic goals while being full members of the student population.
LLOYDMINSTER ATHLETICS - HOLY ROSARY HIGH SCHOOL
NORTHSTARS HOCKEY ACADEMY
OKANAGAN HC - NAVIGATE SCHOOL
Navigate is an award winning school, recognized nationally and internationally for their innovative approach to blended learning. They have taken the lead in implementing the new BC curriculum, building unique and flexible learning options for every student that focus on each student’s unique interests and abilities. This flexibility allows Navigate to meet a diverse range of student needs, abilities, and learning styles including:
High Performance Athletes
Mental & Medical Health Supports
TITANS HOCKEY UNION - ST. TERESA LEARNING CENTRE
St. Teresa Learning Centre is part of the Evergreen Catholic School Division and is conveniently located within steps of the Grant Fuhr Arena in Spruce Grove. St. Teresa has created a structured and customized learning experience for JPHL athletes. Students will be in a teacher directed classroom setting with experienced, subject specific teachers. St Teresa is a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters strong relationships between students and staff.
Flexibility is built into the program to meet the needs of all students by offering after hours support, and online opportunities. There are strong supports for students’ academic, social, and emotional development through an onsite counselor. St. Teresa has years of experience working with student athletes and are also able to provide continued support from a distance once the athletes reach the junior level.
WEST VAN REIGN - WEST VANCOUVER SECONDARY SCHOOL
We provide an environment in which students entrusted to our care gain self-confidence, recognize their self-worth, and become life-long learners and responsible citizens.
We are characterized by:
- Encouraging, recognizing, and rewarding excellence in the development of human potential.
- Upholding essential values of trust, openness and respect for others.
- Stimulating and developing highly-motivated, empowered, and committed students and teachers.
- Offering comprehensive programs to meet the needs of all students.
- Creating opportunities for experiencing social, physical, aesthetic and intellectual growth
- Demonstrate a love of learning by modeling and encouraging personal excellence
- Value integrity
- Treat everyone with Dignity, Honesty, and Compassion
- Behave in a collaborative and consistent manner
- Are proud to be a safe, caring and inclusive community
Contact HUB General Manager for academic partner details (Email Island Wild)